1/4 Photos of Upside-Down Berry Cornmeal Cake
MA HIKER's Note:
This sounds delicious! haven't made it yet, will after berry picking this summer! from BHG Aug 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease 8-inch round cake pan, line bottom with parchment paper, grease.
- 3Arrange 1 1/2 cups berries in bottom of pan; set aside.
- 4In bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, basil, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 5In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk and oil.
- 6Add milk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until combined; pour over berries. Spread evenly.
- 7Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 8Cool cake in pan 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen sides. Invert. Remove parchment. Top with remaining berries and a sprig of basil and/or mint.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Berry Cornmeal Cake
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 155.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: