Upside-Down Berry Cornmeal Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8-inch round cake pan, line bottom with parchment paper, grease.
- Arrange 1 1/2 cups berries in bottom of pan; set aside.
- In bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, basil, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk and oil.
- Add milk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until combined; pour over berries. Spread evenly.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen sides. Invert. Remove parchment. Top with remaining berries and a sprig of basil and/or mint.