- 4 bananas
- 8 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 vanilla wafers, biscuits (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 100 ml milk
- 150 ml cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
- 3 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the sauce by dissolving the sugar in the milk and cream along with the vanilla pod and seeds.
- Bring just to the boil and whisk into the yolks, then strain. Stir briefly over a pot of simmering water to thicken if necessary.
- Press baking paper onto the surface to prevent a skin forming, leave to cool and refrigerate.
- Cut each banana in half and place in a bowl.
- Top with ice cream, pour over a ladle of crème anglaise, add a dollop of cream and a wafer. Serve immediately.