Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice variation of the infamous "Pineapple Upside Down Cake"!
- 2 bananas (ripe, but firm)
- 10 -20 maraschino cherries
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in small bowl.
- Combine sour cream and vanilla and set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In large oven proof pan, melt 1/3 cup of butter with brown sugar over medium-low heat.
- Cut bananas in slices, varying the style and size or your slices based on your desired pattern. Place them and the cherries in a design (or however you wish!). Leave pan on low heat while preparing rest of batter.
- Meanwhile, fold dry ingredients and sour cream mixture alternately into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter carefully onto banana slices and bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto large tray.