1/1 Photo of Upside Down Banana Cake
A nice variation of the infamous "Pineapple Upside Down Cake"!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Whisk together dry ingredients in small bowl.
- 3Combine sour cream and vanilla and set aside.
- 4Cream butter with sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- 5In large oven proof pan, melt 1/3 cup of butter with brown sugar over medium-low heat.
- 6Cut bananas in slices, varying the style and size or your slices based on your desired pattern. Place them and the cherries in a design (or however you wish!). Leave pan on low heat while preparing rest of batter.
- 7Meanwhile, fold dry ingredients and sour cream mixture alternately into wet ingredients.
- 8Pour batter carefully onto banana slices and bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- 9Let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto large tray.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.2
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 464.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g