A nice variation of the infamous "Pineapple Upside Down Cake"!
Make and share this Upside Down Banana Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in small bowl.
- Combine sour cream and vanilla and set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In large oven proof pan, melt 1/3 cup of butter with brown sugar over medium-low heat.
- Cut bananas in slices, varying the style and size or your slices based on your desired pattern. Place them and the cherries in a design (or however you wish!). Leave pan on low heat while preparing rest of batter.
- Meanwhile, fold dry ingredients and sour cream mixture alternately into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter carefully onto banana slices and bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto large tray.