Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from my winning the weight loss cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (11 ounce) packagerefrigerated French bread dough
- 5 tablespoons low-fat margarine, divided (I use country crock)
- 1 teaspoon low-fat margarine, divided (I use country crock)
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup fine chopped dried apricot
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9-inch round pan with spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom, then pecans and cinnamon evenly all over; set aside.
- On work surface, unroll the dough.
- Spread 3 Tbsp margarine evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with Splenda.
- Top with apricots.
- Gently roll dough to form a log.
- Using serrated knife, cut log into 12 sections.
- Place slices, cut side down, in prepared pan; bake 30 minutes till golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto plate.
- Add remaining margarine to hot pan; stir till melted.
- Drizzle over danish.