Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in Kraft Food and Family.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in 10" nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add dry jello mix and cinnamon. Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Arrange apples, cut side down, in a circular pattern on the bottom of the skillet. Top with the rest of the apples.
- Cook apples on medium-low heat for 20 minute or until apples begin to soften and gelatin mixture starts to thicken. Place pie crust over apples and put all in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden and apples are tender.
- Cool 3 minutes. Place plate on top of skillet and carefully invert. Serve warm with whipped cream.