1 hr 30 mins
This apple pie is so unique! After baking, it is turned upside down on a serving plate and the "sticky bun" like bottom becomes the top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for pure heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread butter on bottom of deep 9" pie plate and sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar.
- 2Cover with one of the pastry crusts.
- 3Combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- 4Pour apple mixture into pie shell.
- 5Top with other crust and crimp edges.
- 6Slice vents in top.
- 7Bake on a baking sheet at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 8Remove pie from pie plate immediately by loosening edges.
- 9Invert onto serving plate.
- 10Note: If allowed to set in pie plate, it will harden and be impossible to remove.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.1
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 278.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g