Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This apple pie is so unique! After baking, it is turned upside down on a serving plate and the "sticky bun" like bottom becomes the top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for pure heaven!
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 6 cups peeled sliced apples (about 6 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Spread butter on bottom of deep 9" pie plate and sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar.
- Cover with one of the pastry crusts.
- Combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Pour apple mixture into pie shell.
- Top with other crust and crimp edges.
- Slice vents in top.
- Bake on a baking sheet at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove pie from pie plate immediately by loosening edges.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Note: If allowed to set in pie plate, it will harden and be impossible to remove.