1/4 Photos of Upside Down Apple French Toast
1 hr 20 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
easier to prepare the night before, then bake in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the night before.
- 2Combine butter, brown sugar and water in saucepan, and heat on medium until bubbling stirring frequently.
- 3Place in 9x13 inch pan and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- 4Peel and core apple slices, and place slices in rows together overlapping on top of sauce in pan.
- 5Sprinkle with raisins and cinnamom.
- 6Cut bread 1 - 1 1/2 inches thick.
- 7Place bread on top of apples.
- 8Mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla and pour over bread.
- 9Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Serve upside down.
- 12Spoon sauce in pan over French toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Apple French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1498.5
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 352.8 mg
- Sodium 1690.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 250.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 98.5 g
- Protein 43.7 g