1/2 Photos of Upside Down Apple Cinnamon Muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375º.
- 2Generously spray 12 muffin tins.
- 3Mix together the 4 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon; sprinkle less than a teaspoon of this mixture into each tin.
- 4Reserve rest for layering in the batter.
- 5Stir together apple and honey.
- 6Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the apple mixture into each muffin cup.
- 7In a medium size bowl, lightly spoon flour into measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- 8Combine flour and the next 3 ingredients (flour through salt) in this bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 9Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- 10In another medium size bowl, combine the yogurt, butter, milk, and egg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 11Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 12It will be thick.
- 13Spoon half the batter into each tin, sprinkle on some reserved cinnamon sugar, and top with remaining batter.
- 14Top with the reserved cinnamon sugar.
- 15Bake at 375º for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 16Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- 17Flip the pan onto a wire rack WITHOUT removing the pan immediately.
- 18Even if the apples do stay in the pan, simply spoon them onto the top of the muffins.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 176.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g