3 hrs 20 mins
This recipe came from a couple of my fellow Watkins associates, Cheryl and Thad Overturf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup watkins grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon watkins rosemary
- 1 tablespoon watkins thyme
- 1 tablespoon watkins marjoram
- 1 tablespoon watkins black pepper
- 1 apple
- 2 -3 tablespoons watkins traditional cider brew mixed spice
- 10 -12 lbs turkey
Apple Cider Gravy
- 1 tablespoon watkins chicken soup base
- 1Coat entire Turkey with Watkins Grapeseed Oil Sprinkle with Watkins Rosemary, Thyme, Marjoram,& Black Pepper (Be sure to apply to both sides!) Cut 1 Apple into slices and place inside Turkey (Not to be eaten, just for flavor!) or add stuffing if desired.
- 2Add one cup water to bottom of pan Sprinkle 2-3tbsp of Watkins Traditional Cider Brew throughout bottom of roasting pan Cook Turkey upside on rack in roasting pan at 325 degrees.
- 3See outside of Turkey bag for proper baking time.
- 4(10-12lbs approximately 3-4 hours) Place meat thermometer into thickest part of Turkey.
- 5Once it reaches 170 degrees, Turkey is done.
- 6Let sit 20-30 minute before serving.
- 7APPLE CIDER GRAVY--.
- 8Strain juices from bottom of roasting pan Simmer juices in a smaller pan on med-low heat With a wire whisk, add 4-6 tbsp of flour or more depending on how much juice you have left over Add 1 tbsp of Watkins Chicken Soup Base Simmer on low heat until ready to serve!
- 9You won't believe how wonderful your home will smell while cooking this turkey.
- 10Cooking the turkey upside down makes the white meat more juicy!
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Apple Cider Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (4967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9289.5
- Calories from Fat 5245
- Total Fat 582.8 g
- Saturated Fat 123.7 g
- Cholesterol 3087.2 mg
- Sodium 3002.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 928.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: