Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe came from a couple of my fellow Watkins associates, Cheryl and Thad Overturf.
Make and share this Upside Down Apple Cider Turkey recipe from Food.com.
- Coat entire Turkey with Watkins Grapeseed Oil Sprinkle with Watkins Rosemary, Thyme, Marjoram,& Black Pepper (Be sure to apply to both sides!) Cut 1 Apple into slices and place inside Turkey (Not to be eaten, just for flavor!) or add stuffing if desired.
- Add one cup water to bottom of pan Sprinkle 2-3tbsp of Watkins Traditional Cider Brew throughout bottom of roasting pan Cook Turkey upside on rack in roasting pan at 325 degrees.
- See outside of Turkey bag for proper baking time.
- (10-12lbs approximately 3-4 hours) Place meat thermometer into thickest part of Turkey.
- Once it reaches 170 degrees, Turkey is done.
- Let sit 20-30 minute before serving.
- APPLE CIDER GRAVY--.
- Strain juices from bottom of roasting pan Simmer juices in a smaller pan on med-low heat With a wire whisk, add 4-6 tbsp of flour or more depending on how much juice you have left over Add 1 tbsp of Watkins Chicken Soup Base Simmer on low heat until ready to serve!
- You won't believe how wonderful your home will smell while cooking this turkey.
- Cooking the turkey upside down makes the white meat more juicy!