Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
I found this recipe on the net and haven't tried it yet.
Top Review by Phat & Sassy
Thank you for posting this recipe! I have given it to my cat a couple of times and it has really helped her. I used a syringe to get this down her throat and while she usually gags and carries on (she has a flair for drama) she barely fussed at all when I gave her this tea. I dare say she might have liked it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water in small saucepan and mix in the powder and honey.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- After mixture reaches a boil, turn down to a simmer and stir a few more minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix in food at mealtime.
- Give 1/2 tsp 3 or 4 times a day to a cat.
- Give 1 tsp to 3 tbsp (depending on dog's size) 3 or 4 times a day to a dog.
- If dog or cat will not eat, you can give it with a tsp, syringe or baster.
- Hint: Makes a great tea for us humans after eating too much on the holidays.