Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Awesome cake--the only cake I will eat. This is my grandmother's recipe and believe me every time I make it I get fabulous comments. Moist and delicious.
- 1 Duncan Hines butter cake mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Prepare Cake---------------.
- Combine cake ingredients; cake mix, room temperature butter and the Mandarin oranges including the juice; beat with a mixer on medium speed.
- Divide batter evenly between 3 cake pans sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare Icing------------.
- Combine drained crushed pineapple and pudding.
- Lightly fold in Cool Whip.
- Generously ice the cake, there will be plenty.
- Must be refrigerated.
So simple, so easy, my family couldn't believe it started off with a boxed cake. It was very moist. I plan on baking this for our Thanksgiving and Christmas family get togethers. Thanks Malinda for the great recipe.
Fantastic! The kids devoured it but it was loved by all! This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing!
Very good cake! So moist and wonderfully flavored! DH and DD really liked this cake. They both had seconds. DH kept taking bites and repeating the words "oh man"!