Recipe by Dachshund Lover
Awesome cake--the only cake I will eat. This is my grandmother's recipe and believe me every time I make it I get fabulous comments. Moist and delicious.
Top Review by Vincent
So simple, so easy, my family couldn't believe it started off with a boxed cake. It was very moist. I plan on baking this for our Thanksgiving and Christmas family get togethers. Thanks Malinda for the great recipe.
- 1 Duncan Hines butter cake mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Cake---------------.
- Combine cake ingredients; cake mix, room temperature butter and the Mandarin oranges including the juice; beat with a mixer on medium speed.
- Divide batter evenly between 3 cake pans sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare Icing------------.
- Combine drained crushed pineapple and pudding.
- Lightly fold in Cool Whip.
- Generously ice the cake, there will be plenty.
- Must be refrigerated.