1/6 Photos of Upper Michigan Pasties
out of here's Note:
This is my version of a yooper pastie--just like my Mother-in-law made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Pour the boiling water over the lard until the lard is dissolved.
- 3Add salt to flour and add this to the waterand lard.
- 4Mix this together until it forms a ball.
- 5Wrap in Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnite.
- 7Combine the filling ingredients in a large bowl. Let sit and meld together, while rolling out the crust. This chilled dough will make 8 pasties.
- 8Take one of the dough balls and roll out on a floured surface, roll into a circle about.
- 91/8 inch thick. Do the same with all the dough.
- 10Put large cupful of filling on the crust; dab ice water around the edge of the crust to seal.
- 11Add a teaspoon of butter on top of the filling before sealing.
- 12Fold crust over top of filling like a turnover, and seal edges well.
- 13Place pasties on baking sheets and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes; then turn oven down to 350°F for 60 mimutes, or until nicely browned.
- 14When done, brush the top with butter.
- 15I serve with ketchup.
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upper Michigan Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.2
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 2689.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 23.8 g