Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best Waldorf salad ever! It is so addictive. I've made it many times for parties and recipes are frequently requested. I can eat this stuff everyday!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 -4 fuji apples, unpeeled, cored, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped radishes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted cashews, chopped
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon peel and fresh lemon juice in medium bowl to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss apples, celery, radishes, cranberries and red onions in large bowl.
- Add lemon mayonnaise and toss to coat.
- Can be prepared 1 day in advance.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Right before serving, fold in the cashews.
A great update to an old favorite. I love the addition of the radish and the dried cranberries. Those 2 ingredients add a lot of depth to the salad with the spicy, crisp and colorful radish and the sweet, tart, funky textured cranberries! I like adding cubed roasted chicken to my waldorf salad sometimes if I'm in the mood for an entree salad rather than a side. Hey, what's not to love about this colorful and super tasty salad! Thanks for sharing.