Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the winter 2006 edition of Kraft Food&Family, with a few minor changes to suit my family's tastes.
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese spread
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat caesar salad dressing (Kraft Light Done Right Classic Caesar Reduced Fat Dressing)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package smoked ham, cut into short strips
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese spread, dressing, and flour in small saucepan with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture is well blended.
- Add ham; cook on medium-low heat 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain fettuccine; return to saucepan.
- Add sauce mixture; mix lightly.
- Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
I tried this from the Kraft Food & Family book, and it is excellent! The original recipe calls for the addition of 1 cup of frozen peas, which I did use, and 1/4 cup chopped parsley, which I didn't. I think the peas add color and taste.