1/1 Photo of Updated Chicken Pot Pie
This is a more cheesy, slightly less condensed-soupy version of the chicken pot pie. It is incredibly easy to make. While it has its differences in crust and vegetables, the updates are welcome, and the taste is still comforting. I usually don't serve sides with this because it has bread, veggies, and meat, so I wrote that it makes 5 servings. It fills an 8x8 baking dish. Adapted from Kraft Food and Family magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 3 medium-large breasts)
- 453.59 g bag stir fry vegetables (or any mixed vegetables, I use broccoli stir fry)
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup (I use 98% fat free)
- 113.39 g Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes (Velveeta made with 2% milk saves some calories and fat)
- 491.29 g package frozen puff pastry (you will only need one sheet)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken; cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 2Stir in frozen vegetables, soup, and Velveeta. Stir until the Velveeta is melted.
- 3Spoon into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5Unfold the pastry sheet, and place it over the chicken mixture. Fold the edges of the pastry under itself, inside the lip of the dish, and press the pastry somewhat against the edges of the dish to seal (if you can - I am never super successful at doing this, mine always kinda "floats" on top of the chicken mixture).
- 6Brush the top of the pastry with an egg.
- 7Cut several slits in the pastry to permit steam to escape.
- 8Place the dish on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Updated Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1667 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 882.5
- Calories from Fat 502
- Total Fat 55.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.1 mg
- Sodium 1181.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables