Recipe by Digboo
Comfort food at it's best. I always serve it over rice. Great to double--use a 9x13inch pan. Preparation time includes par-boiling the chicken.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
This was easy to make and was done in 35 minutes in my oven. We thought it was bland, though... if I made it again I'd add a lot more cheese and maybe season the chicken with some garlic and spices. When finished, it was thick enough to eat as a stand-alone casserole, so we skipped the rice. Not bad, just didn't suit our tastebuds. Thanks anyway!
- 6 -8 chicken tenders
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Par-boil chicken.
- Mix soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and spices in large bowl.
- Add broccoli and onion to soup mixture.
- Use kitchen shears to cut chicken into bite sized pieces; cut over the bowl and let the chunks just fall into bowl.
- Spread into 2-quart casserole.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.