Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A new idea for a classic dish.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steak
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile trim fat from beef; cut into 1x1/2-inch pieces.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef (half at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms and onion in oil 2 minutes or until tender; stir in flour.
- Gradually add broth and sour cream, stirring until blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet; heat through.
- Serve beef mixture over pasta.