1/5 Photos of Update Onion Burger
A few add-ons make an old classic new again. These are big burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 slices onions, thin (optional but recommend)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, water, garlic, hot pepper sauce, chili powder, ketchup, mustard, and pepper using your hands.
- 2Pat into 4 large thick patties.
- 3Place them on broiler pan. Broil the burgers for about 15 minutes per side, or until well done.
- 4Place buns on the broiler pan and toast briefly.
- 5Place burger patties onto the bottom halves of the buns and top each one with a slice of cheese, onion, and some avocado slices. Top with the top buns.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Update Onion Burger
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.0
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Sodium 1171.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 58.1 g