1/5 Photos of Update Onion Burger
A few add-ons make an old classic new again. These are big burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 slices onions, thin (optional but recommend)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, water, garlic, hot pepper sauce, chili powder, ketchup, mustard, and pepper using your hands.
- 2Pat into 4 large thick patties.
- 3Place them on broiler pan. Broil the burgers for about 15 minutes per side, or until well done.
- 4Place buns on the broiler pan and toast briefly.
- 5Place burger patties onto the bottom halves of the buns and top each one with a slice of cheese, onion, and some avocado slices. Top with the top buns.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Update Onion Burger
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.0
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Sodium 1171.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 58.1 g