1/2 Photos of Up Those Antioxidants With Blueberry Sauce
This is from a column written by the American Institute for Cancer Research published in the Daily Oklahoman. It sounds like a great use for frozen blueberries, and a way to get all of those healthy anti-oxidants!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Defrost the berries.
- 2Put them in a deep pan and add the lemon juice.
- 3Cook over medium heat until the berries are really juicy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the lemon zest.
- 5Turn up the heat to medium-high and boil until the berries are soft, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add the sugar and bring to a boul over medium-high heat.
- 7Pout it into a heat-proof container and cool it to room temp.
- 8It should thicken as it cools.
- 9Remove the lemon zest.
- 10Cover it and refrigerate it.
- 11It can keep for up to a week in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Up Those Antioxidants With Blueberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 124.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of