Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is soooo pretty when done. A wonderful way to serve fruit dessert. Go crazy and use different fruits!!!!! Choose at least 1 tart fruit as the "pastry" is quite sweet.
- Cut a banana into pieces and lay on the bottom and to the sides of a container (glass so you can see or silpat so it won't stick). This will be on the top after we turn the cake upside down. Besides bananas you can use pineapple slices, for example.
- In food processor mix dates and shredded coconut until you get thick and sticky paste. Cover the banana layer very carefully with about 2/3 of that paste.
- Take a look the cake from the bottom to see if everything looks nice and the banana slices are on place or maybe you need to press the pastry little bit more between the banana slices.
- Start layering fruit. You can replace these fruits with any other ones you desire.
- Now cover it all with a layer of 1/3 remaining date-coconut pastry. Place the cake in the fridge for few hours. For even better results and taste, live it in the fridge overnight.
- When you take the cake out of the fridge carefully loosen the edges of the cake with a knife and turn it upside down to the plate.