1 hr 5 mins
My family says this side dish tastes like an egg roll without the wonton wrapper! A good way to use cabbage, and a quick and easy side dish. Plus, I've added several short cuts at the end. Give this a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350. Butter 3 quart casserole.
- 2Heat oil – sauté onion and potato until soft. Stir in cabbage.
- 3and carrots. Stir in soups. Bring to boil.
- 4Transfer to casserole and cover. Bake 30 minute
- 5Remove cover. Bake 30 additional minute.
- 6SHORT CUTS:.
- 7- Use 1 bag of cole slaw mix in place of the cabbage and carrots.
- 8- Use 1 can of chopped potatoes, drained.
- 9- Use 1 can of sliced carrots, drained.
- 10- Use only 1 tbl. oil and cook onions in small bowl in microwave for 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "unwrapped Egg Roll" - Smothered Cabbage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 796.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g