Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family says this side dish tastes like an egg roll without the wonton wrapper! A good way to use cabbage, and a quick and easy side dish. Plus, I've added several short cuts at the end. Give this a try!
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 green cabbage, chopped
- 4 carrots, 1 inch pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Heat oven to 350. Butter 3 quart casserole.
- Heat oil – sauté onion and potato until soft. Stir in cabbage.
- and carrots. Stir in soups. Bring to boil.
- Transfer to casserole and cover. Bake 30 minute
- Remove cover. Bake 30 additional minute.
- SHORT CUTS:.
- - Use 1 bag of cole slaw mix in place of the cabbage and carrots.
- - Use 1 can of chopped potatoes, drained.
- - Use 1 can of sliced carrots, drained.
- - Use only 1 tbl. oil and cook onions in small bowl in microwave for 2 minutes.