Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an "excellent" and unusual green bean salad!! It is really good with Center Cut Ham on the Grill and Garlic Cheese Grits (I have submitted both of these recipes also) but works well anytime you want an unique and tasty salad. This is one of my favorites! (Estimated prep time)
- 3 cans cut green beans, drained well
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing like Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion juice (find this in the spice section of your grocery store)
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- Place all of your salad ingredients in a serving bowl and mix well; set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for about at least 2 hours.