Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup toasted sesame oil
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper (fresh cracked)
- 1⁄2 cup rice sherry wine
- 1⁄2 fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 10 green onions
- beef short rib (meaty)
- Make shortribs into short, flat strips.
- Begin by placing rib fat-side-up on cutting board and cut 1/4" high layer almost (but not through) the bottom-most section of the rib.
- Turn meat over and continue to make 1/4" layers until the rib is completely layered and is now one long strip.
- Using the edge of a Chinese knife or other flat surface, pound meat until it is off an even thickness.
- NOTE: Chill the meat well.
- This cutting method will not work well on room temperature ribs.
- MARINADE: (Curry Based Blender Sauce) Blend all liquid ingredients in a blender for about 15 seconds at "Blend" speed.
- Grate the fresh ginger root and combine with the minced garlic.
- Mince the white (only) portion of the green onions.
- Add all ingredients to blender mixture and operate on "low"" for about 45 seconds.
- Rub suace onto butterflied ribs and refridgerate for 2 or more hours.
- NOTE: This sauce is excellent for chicken, too.
- Place ribs on grill, basting often with sauce until done, about 30 minutes depending on heat of grill.
- Watch carefully to determine when done.