Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was thumbing through this lovely magazine called "Sale e pepe" (salt and pepper) and this recipe caught my eye, I hope it is as good as it looks in the picture...
- 800 g cooked peeled carrots (better if steamed)
- 6 amaretti, crumbled
- 1 orange (non treated)
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 100 g honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pie shell, unbaked
- Put cooled carrots in food processor and puree.
- Slightly whip eggs with a pinch of salt, add carrot puree, honey, grated rind of half orange and cream, mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle amaretti crumbs on the bottom of the pie shell, pour over carrot mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.