Recipe by b4uc1or2
This banana pie has a top crust!! Try it with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup for a special treat!!
Top Review by Chef JjaJja
I had been searching for a straight banana recipe (no cream). This is it! I followed it pretty exactly, except I substituted juice of 2 oranges and 1 lemon for the pineapple juice, which I didn't have. It turned out terrific! My husband thought there were apples or some other fruit in it, which is proof that this is not a mushy overly banana pie. It turned out just right. Thanks for posting.
- 6 cups bananas (sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oleo
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- .Pour pineapple juice over sliced bananas and let set for 20 minutes.
- Line pie pan with unbaked crust.
- Drain bananas, saving juice. Put bananas in crust.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and flour and sprinkle over bananas.
- Dot with butter or oleo.
- Put 3 tblsp. pinapple juice on top of sugar mixture.
- Cover with top crust.
- Bake at 400 for 30 to 40 min until nicely browned.
- Prep. time includes marinating time.