Recipe by *Parsley*
Another great-tasting and great-looking picnic salad. Prep time includes chopping and dicing time. Cook time is the chill time.
Top Review by WizzyTheStick
Great salad, the family enjoyed it but I must confess that I liked it better when I tossed everything together. If you are taking this to a pot luck the unlayered way travels better.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water----drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Place lettuce in bottom of a 3-quart glass dish.
- Top with cucumber, then pepper, then cooled macaroni, then eggs, then carrots, then onion, ham, peas, and finally cheese.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, whisk together Miracle Whip, sour cream, 1/4 cup chopped scallions, mustard and sugar until smooth. Top dressing mixture over salad.
- Top with remaining chopped scallions for garnish.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.