1/1 Photo of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
Mukta's diaries's Note:
Requires very few ingredients and is very simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roughly peel all the apples and core them. Slice the apples about 1 cm thick.
- 2Add the apples to a saucepan with 1/4 cup water. Add the cloves and the cinnamon stick. Cover and let it simmer on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- 3Add a bit more water if it starts drying out. Conversely, cook them uncovered if there's too much water.
- 4What you're looking for at the end are well softened apples with very little liquid.
- 5Once the apples are cooked, remove the cinnamon stick and cloves. Either purée the apples in a food processor or mash them with a potato masher. I used the food processor.
- 6This apple sauce can be used in various low calorie baking recipes :).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unsweetened Apple Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: