Not your usual chocolate chip cookie. A family favorite from "Best of Friends" cookbook.
Make and share this Unsurpassable Chocolate Chipper recipe from Food.com.
- With a mixer, cream the butter; add brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cinnamon.
- Blend into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Cover and chill until firm (can be refrigerated over night).
- Between palms of hands, roll small pieces of dough into 1-inch rounds and dredge in powdered sugar.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets--about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to racks.
- Store in airtight container.
I was having kids for company and decided to make something a little different. These look like regular chocolate chip cookies, but upon the first bite, they have you hooked, with great flavors from the spices, nuts and chocolate!
WOW!!! I never knew this combination of spices, and chocolate chips could taste go good! These cookies are unusal, but in a good way! The smell of these cookies while baking, defintley got me into the Christmas spirit! Thanks for the recipe Sharlene~W!