Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing croutons or 6 cups dry bread, cubes
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups chicken broth
- In a skillet brown sausage drain,add butter mushrooms,celery and onions saute 2-3 minutes Stir in seasoning.
- Put in a large bowl and add everyting and croutons and enough broth to moisten.
- Place in a greased 2-qt baking dish,cover and bake 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.