Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Stuffed cabbage without all the hard work of stuffing cabbage leaves. I am Polish and make stuffed cabbage all the time. But it is too time-consuming. So I decided to put all the ingredients in a pot and cook and whaddaya know. It worked!
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 lb ground pork, browned
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Put everything in a Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Lower heat to low and cover. Cook 2-3 hours until the cabbage is soft and tender.
- Check while cooking as you may have to add more water or garlic powder.
- Serve with Polish rye bread and butter.
- Note: For those on sodium-restricted diets, you can make this with salt-free tomato sauce and reduced sodium tomato soup. Comes out great.
Easy to make, tasty and filling