Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy casserole. Derived from stuffed peppers. Kids will love it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup converted rice
- 2 green peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- seasoning, to taste
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings and rice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add garlic, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Simmer another 10 minutes until pepper is crisp tender.
- Remove from stove.
- Add cheese and serve with garlic toast.
My husband loved this and it was so easy!!
I had a bunch of mild yellow banana peppers that I needed to use up so I tried them on this instead of the green peppers. Wow! It turned out great! I can't wait to try again.