Recipe by j.r.t.
Got this from a cooked book. My husband just loves it. Good on cold winter day!
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
Fabulous soup! Oh man this was great. I had some red and yellow peppers to use up along with the green ones, so I threw those in there too. I also both a red and white onion. I forgot to add the second can of tomato soup, but I think it survived nicely despite my mistake. I only had one of those Uncle Bens tomato and herb rice mixtures, so I used that for the rice. I also added some freshly ground pepper and sea salt and a bay leaf. This was very flavorful in each bite. Despite all my changes, this recipe is still a staple in my house from now on. Thank you so much! Made and Reviewed for PAC Fall 2008.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted. (I use 4 cans instead. My husband say it tasted better)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink,drain.
- Stir in the broth,soup,tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat,cover and simmer for at least 30 mins.,stirring occasionally.
- Add rice,heat through.
- Ready in 1 hour or less.