Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had this after a cold round of golf at the golf course!!!I I decided to make this at home and this is what I came up with. I do not eat much red meat but you could use all ground beef or a combination of ground turkey,chicken and beef. This freezes well and I make mine in my big roaster that is just like a crock pot.. So easy and good. Servce with homemade corn bread and enjoy !
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, choopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- brown meat in dutch oven with a little olive oil and drain fat after browning.
- add pepper,onion and garlic cook for three minutes.
- add all other ingredients except rice and garnish.
- cook low in dutch oven for 45 minutes.
- meanwhile cook rice.
- add rice to pot and cook an additional 30 minutes on low heat.
- serve topped with shredded cheese and sour cream.