Recipe by randimiller
Recipe off a card from Kroger...looked good so I had it and now that I'm organizing my recipes I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice or 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefinely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute ground beef, onions, peppers and garlic for 10 minutes, or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain off excess fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 13x9-inch baking dish and top with tomato sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.