Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe off a card from Kroger...looked good so I had it and now that I'm organizing my recipes I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice or 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefinely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute ground beef, onions, peppers and garlic for 10 minutes, or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain off excess fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 13x9-inch baking dish and top with tomato sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Great recipe. Used quinoa instead of rice. Used ground turkey instead of beef. Added 2 zucchinis as well. Turned out really good and freezes well. Thanks for posting.
Quite yummy. Tastes just like stuffed peppers, but is easier to make and easier to eat. My husband raved about it!