Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School Class of 2002 Eigth Graders Cookbook, and was submitted by Renee Estoista. This makes up into a nice appetizer on the melba crackers, but I have also put it onto sliced baquette bread. Other variations can be adding chopped cooked sausage, chopped shrimp or crab meat to mushroom mix before baking.
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, fresh and washed
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 24 melba crackers
- Remove and chop mushroom stems. Slice mushroom caps and place in shallow baking dish; add chopped stems. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, garlic, cheese, and parsley; mix well.
- Spread breadcrumb mixture over mushrooms and rizzle with olive oil. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 20-30 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture onto each Melba snack cracker and serve immediately.