Top Review by Karen in Virginia
I thought this recipe was a lot of work for little return. It had a very unpleasant color (grey) and it didn't taste very good. Luckily, I served it to family and wasn't embarrassed. Some liked it (2), but most did not. I would never make it again.
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, finely crumbled or 1⁄4 cup imitation bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 drops hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mushrooms, Monterey Jack cheese, and bacon.
- Stir in the sour cream, blending well.
- Blend in the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Place the mixture in a 1-quart casserole and top with the bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Place in a chafing dish and serve hot.
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Tomatoes, bell peppers, chili peppers, breadsticks.