Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups vegetable juice (such as V-8)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef.
- Add the chopped onion and cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the vegetable juice, salt, uncooked converted rice, basil and chopped green peppers.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir, reduce heat and cover the pan.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes, stirring once in a while, until rice is done.