Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good recipe for parents who like stuffed green peppers, and their children who will eat the stuffing but not the pepper!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round, 90% lean
- 2 green peppers, sliced and diced
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- Brown ground round; drain and rinse off fat.
- Return meat to skillet.
- Add onion and green peppers; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cooked rice.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes; add water if a thinner sauce is preferred.
- Serve in a bowl topped with shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired.
An exceelent dish,very easy to make.I will never make stuffed peppers again....even my 2 year old gobbled this up.I did add the cheese to the top,which made it sooo good.
I thought this was a great idea!! However, it turned out kind of bland. I love how easy it is to make and that it freezes so well. Next time I will add more onion and garlic and throw in some pepper too. We started out eating this out of a bowl as suggested, but ended up getting out the bread and eatting it more like sloppy joes instead.
I must say this is the easiest and best. No changes needed just to keep it easy. This is a must have for us. Yet another keeper for us. Thank You