Recipe by Sandy Hopkins
This is a good recipe for parents who like stuffed green peppers, and their children who will eat the stuffing but not the pepper!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round, 90% lean
- 2 green peppers, sliced and diced
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground round; drain and rinse off fat.
- Return meat to skillet.
- Add onion and green peppers; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cooked rice.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes; add water if a thinner sauce is preferred.
- Serve in a bowl topped with shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired.