1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Uncle 12's Note:
This derives from my mothers cabbage roll recipe. Rolling those darn things is too time consuming, so...I came up with this short, less labor intensive version, and best of all tastes the same! Easily can be doubled for a potluck pleaser
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green cabbage head, large, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 (28 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
- 2 cups tomato juice or 2 cups bloody mary mix
- 1mix first 7 ingredients and form into 1" meatballs.
- 2In a roasting pan, coat the bottom of the roasting pan with some of the cabbage.
- 3place meat balls ontop of cabbage.
- 4put remaining cabbage on top of meat balls.
- 5in a separate bowl, mix soup and juice or mix.
- 6pour over top of mixture, spreading evenly with a large spoon.
- 7bake, covered at 375 degrees on middle rack for about 1 to 11/2 hours until done.
- 8gently stir before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 560.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 18.0 g