This is a wonderful old fashioned dish that I'm sure you will enjoy. My family loves stuffed cabbage rolls, but I found that it took to much time to assemble, so I came up with this.
- Chop cabbage into pieces, par-boil until almost tender.
- Remove, rinse with cold water.
- Drain well.
- Mix all of ingredients EXCEPT tomato sauce.
- Grease casserole dish.
- Place 1/2 can of tomato sauce on bottom of dish.
- Spread half of cooked cabbage over sauce, then layer all of meat mixture over cabbage, cover meat with the rest of cabbage, pour rest of tomato sauce over cabbage.
- Bake 325°F in covered dish for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- This is the basic recipe--you can add more of whatever you like.
- My mother says she used ground turkey instead of hamburger and she liked it just fine.
- Try this old fashioned dish and feel the love.