1/2 Photos of Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
1 hr 30 mins
CRYSTALINA Haldeman's Note:
This is a wonderful old fashioned dish that I'm sure you will enjoy. My family loves stuffed cabbage rolls, but I found that it took to much time to assemble, so I came up with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop cabbage into pieces, par-boil until almost tender.
- 2Remove, rinse with cold water.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Mix all of ingredients EXCEPT tomato sauce.
- 5Grease casserole dish.
- 6Place 1/2 can of tomato sauce on bottom of dish.
- 7Spread half of cooked cabbage over sauce, then layer all of meat mixture over cabbage, cover meat with the rest of cabbage, pour rest of tomato sauce over cabbage.
- 8Bake 325°F in covered dish for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 9Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- 10This is the basic recipe--you can add more of whatever you like.
- 11My mother says she used ground turkey instead of hamburger and she liked it just fine.
- 12Try this old fashioned dish and feel the love.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 880.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 12.4 g