This is a wonderful old fashioned dish that I'm sure you will enjoy. My family loves stuffed cabbage rolls, but I found that it took to much time to assemble, so I came up with this.
- Chop cabbage into pieces, par-boil until almost tender.
- Remove, rinse with cold water.
- Drain well.
- Mix all of ingredients EXCEPT tomato sauce.
- Grease casserole dish.
- Place 1/2 can of tomato sauce on bottom of dish.
- Spread half of cooked cabbage over sauce, then layer all of meat mixture over cabbage, cover meat with the rest of cabbage, pour rest of tomato sauce over cabbage.
- Bake 325°F in covered dish for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- This is the basic recipe--you can add more of whatever you like.
- My mother says she used ground turkey instead of hamburger and she liked it just fine.
- Try this old fashioned dish and feel the love.
This was a really good recipe! My family usually is not crazy about cabbage, but this recipe changed their minds! It was very tasty and it fed all five of us, and that is a very hard task to accomplish with 2 hungry boys and a husband. Thanks for the recipe, hope to hear more of them!
Thank you for a wonderful recipe. Like we've all discovered, stuffing cabbage is very time-consuming. My husband and I both enjoyed this meal very much. It's just like stuffed cabbage without the hassle.
This is great! We love stuffed cabbage also and it takes sooooo long to prepare the recipe I use that has been passed down from my grandmother. Thanks for such a time saver that gives the same great taste.