I first read this in a magazine, but can't remember which one. It's been changed some to suit my family's taste. It's simple and easy and can be easily converted to a crock pot recipe for a potluck. Don't forget to serve with mashed potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat in a large pan, or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and saute until onion is translucent.
- 3Add cabbage and stir until wilted.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except for the rice in order given.
- 5Mix well and bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer covered 45 to 60 minutes.
- 6In the last 10 minutes add the rice and continue to simmer.
- 7If the rice soaks up too much liquid, just add some water 1/2 cup at a time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 49.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g