Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A really inexpensive and easy comfort food for my Polish DH! (serving size is approximate)
Make and share this Unstuffed Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chop cabbage and spread in greased 9 x 12-inch baking dish.
- Brown meat with chopped onion.
- Stir in rice, salt and pepper; pour over cabbage.
- Mix soup and water, and pour over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
Easy dish to prepare and great flavor!
this is a really good dish, and I recommend it. I used brown rice, because that's all I had. Will defintely make it again!!!
I love this recipe. Tastes just like the real mccoy but with out all the fuss. Only change I make is to add an additional tomato soup as we like it more moist. I have even made this using green pepper chunks instead of the cabbage for unstuffed peppers. Equally as good!