- 12 ounces extra lean ground beef (93%)
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes (San Marino is best)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Minute brown rice, uncooked (Minute Rice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Use large saucepan with cover. (I use a 12" deep fry pan).
- Cook ground beef with onions and garlic; stir in cinnamon.
- Add brown rice and water, vinegar and Worcestershire and dry mustard.
- Cover and cook on low 5 minutes until rice is almost done.
- Add cabbage and cook until cabbage wilts - maybe 10 minutes.