Recipe by Mirj
I've always hated stuffing cabbage. With this recipe I don't have to.
Top Review by MizzNezz
The ginger ale mixed with ketchup gives it a sweet-sour type flavor that is exceptional! It doesn't overpower. I used a teaspoon of garlic powder and the same amount of paprika. This is womderful! Thanks for the recipe Mirj!!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle ketchup
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 1 whole cabbage, very coarsely shredded
- 1 kg ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ketchup and ginger ale into a large soup pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the cabbage.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Wet hands and form large balls, place gently into the boiling cabbage in the pot.
- Bring to the boil, turn heat down, cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with something to mop up the juices.