Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I've always hated stuffing cabbage. With this recipe I don't have to.
Make and share this Unstuffed Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Put the ketchup and ginger ale into a large soup pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the cabbage.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Wet hands and form large balls, place gently into the boiling cabbage in the pot.
- Bring to the boil, turn heat down, cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with something to mop up the juices.
The ginger ale mixed with ketchup gives it a sweet-sour type flavor that is exceptional! It doesn't overpower. I used a teaspoon of garlic powder and the same amount of paprika. This is womderful! Thanks for the recipe Mirj!!
I altered the ingredients to suit four servings, and used a tin of tomato soup instead of the ketchup, very filling and very tasty.
Really really really good and amazingly easy when you think that you get the great taste of stuffed cabbage without all the hours of work that go into it. I made this one night for dinner the next day, and my husband had two helpings that very night, it smelled and tasted so good he couldn't wait. Thanks Mirjam for yet another winner!!!!