Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, easy to prepare meal that the whole family loves! Everyone used to eat the filling and not the peppers, so this just seemed to make more sense...
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 large red peppers, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 354.88 ml tomato sauce (I use my own homemade sauce)
- 354.88 ml cooked brown rice
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml dried parsley
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Saute peppers, onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and aromatic.
- Add ground beef to vegetable mixture. Mix in the next 5 ingredients.
- Transfer to 2-quart casserole dish and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350°F oven until thoroughly heated. Serve with additional tomato sauce. Goes well with a nice crusty loaf of Italian bread (or better yet, garlic bread!).
I really liked this dish. I substituted green peppers and only used one pound of beef, but otherwise made as directed. This is definitely a keeper! Thanks!
I made this with ground venison since that is what I had on hand. This was very tasty. I will make this again but in smaller quantity since it is just DH and I that eat this. I did use tomato soup in place of tomato sauce and will keep that change next time.
THOUGHT I had some frozen ground beef, but it turned out to be pulled pork I had done in the crockpot, packed without the sauce. SO -- I proceeded with the recipe as directed. This went together easily and fairly quickly. Since I had put it together earlier in the day, I heated it in the oven at 350 for about 35 minutes. There are just 2 of us, so will likely have 2 more tasty meals. Thanks, Susie-Q.