Recipe by Suzie-Q
Delicious, easy to prepare meal that the whole family loves! Everyone used to eat the filling and not the peppers, so this just seemed to make more sense...
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red peppers, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (I use my own homemade sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Saute peppers, onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and aromatic.
- Add ground beef to vegetable mixture. Mix in the next 5 ingredients.
- Transfer to 2-quart casserole dish and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350°F oven until thoroughly heated. Serve with additional tomato sauce. Goes well with a nice crusty loaf of Italian bread (or better yet, garlic bread!).