Recipe by chilepepper1231
I developed this recipe one day when I had some green peppers with a couple of bad spots on them. I just cut out the bad parts and used them anyway. Since then this is the only way I make it anymore. I never really liked the big chunks of meat in a stuffed pepper anyhow. I am sure someone else has done this too, now some of my family makes it this way too.
Top Review by Kristiina
This was a great dish! I had some green peppers that were on sale but they just weren't so pretty, this casserole was perfect for them! I do recommend using a really good pasta sauce with lots of flavors because those are the only spices that will go into this, I used a sweet basil sauce from classico and it was great! Thanks for sharing this!
- 4 green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped medium
- 1 cup instant rice
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (meatless) or 1 (26 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice peppers in to 1 in strips, or 1 X 1 inch squares.
- Place in bottom of a med to large dutch oven.
- Mix ground beef with onions and rice.
- Break up into medium chunks and sprinkle over the green peppers.
- Pour sauce over the top.
- Bake covered, 350 degrees for about 1 hour.